The intention of this news blog (following on from the info blog on March 22nd) is to help our clients understand what Huddart’s is doing to prepare for GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
What is the GDPR?
GDPR is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen (and unify) data protection for all individuals within the European Union. GDPR comes into law on 25th May 2018 and the UK will continue with this legislation ‘post’ Brexit.
The GDPR regulates, among other things, how organisations obtain, use, store, and eliminate personal data (information that could be used on its own or in conjunction with other data to identify an individual). The GDPR replaces the current Data Protection legislation and it will bring legislation into this digitised world of ours.
What are Huddart’s doing to prepare for the regulation?
We are reviewing what data we have, how we manage, store and protect it and are in the process of trying to ensure our services are fully compliant with the new GDPR legislation.
The main areas of compliance for our firm are:
1. Our Payroll service, Tax, Audit, Corporate Finance and Marketing.
3. Honouring the “right to erasure” also known as the “right to be forgotten” within the boundaries of UK Law for maintaining business records should any client wish this.
4. Reviewing and implementing any new processes for the documents we send whether it be via encryption and secure portals. We have done this in the past but client demand was so small we ceased to operate this way. We are now reviewing this.
5. The data we hold – we will ensure we only hold data that is necessary to provide our professional service to clients.
6. We are also reviewing our internal operating procedures and staff responsibilities to ensure that we meet the GDPR requirements.
Please note that this news blog/bulletin does not provide legal advice from Huddart’s. It is simply to inform and demonstrate what we are doing to be compliant with GDPR and continue our standards of professional service.
We would strongly recommend that for your own business you do your own research to get fully informed, review your own procedures and make your own business compliant with GDPR. If you wish to discuss how your data is stored and managed we would be delighted to hear from you. Please get in touch with your key contact at the office.
GDPR KEY INFO SHEET REGARDING HUDDART COMPLIANCE
Company Name: Broadthunder Accounting Limited
Company Reg No. 07770313.
VAT No. 431191875
Registered office: 164 Walkden Road, Worsley, Manchester M28 7DP
© 2018 Huddart. All rights reserved.